A rack provides a protective environment for IT equipment in a data center, as well as manages the electricity distribution and optimizes the air flow and ventilation for maximum performance and efficiency of the air conditioning. The rack cabinets also provide a system for cable management and the control and monitoring of basic parameters of the environment.
What basic criteria must be followed for the selection of a rack?
- Level of physical protection equipment
- Management and network wiring. Capacity and manageability
- Dimensions and capacity options. Space optimization
- Level of finishes and materials.
- Requirements for air conditioning and ventilation equipment.
- The accessories are of great importance to improve and adapt the rack to the specific needs of each project.
- Ease of installation and management of equipment and wiring
- Ease of maintenance.
In GESAB we develop our own products based on our experience in the field of consulting for data center, field engineering, energy efficiency audit and implementation of integrated facilities. Do not hesitate to contact us!