1.- What is a cookie?
A “Cookie” is a small file which is stored on the user’s computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device with information about navigation. Cookies allow, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer, see which pages are visited and the connection time, analyze the operation of a page, if there are technical problems, etc. Depending on the information it contains and the way the terminal is used, they can be used to recognize the user.
2.- What types of cookies exist?
According to the entity that manages it:
- First-party cookies. These are owned and managed by us.
- Third-party cookies. These are owned by a third-party.
According to the period of time they remain activated:
- Session cookies. These are designed to collect and store data while the user is in the website.
- Persistent cookies. These are stored in the terminal and can be accessed during a certain period of time defined by the cookie responsible, that can be from minutes to years.
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies. These are used to allow the user to navigate through the website or application and are necessary to strictly provide a service requested by the user, such as user input, authentication or user identification cookies (only session), security cookies user, multimedia player session cookies, session cookies to balance the load, user interface customization cookies, add-on cookies (plug-in) to exchange social content, etc …
- Personalisation cookies. These are used to store service settings to avoid having to reconfigure each time the user visits the website.
- Analysis cookies. These are used to track and analyze the user behaviour, to measure the web activity, to elaborate navigation profiles, etc…
- Advertising cookies. These allow the management of advertising spaces and adapt the advertising content for this to be relevant for the user and to avoid showing advertising the user has already seen.
- Behavioural advertising cookies. These allow the management of advertising spaces included in the platform from which the service is provided by storing information about user’s behaviour obtained from browsing habits, in order to offer personalized advertising according to the already mentioned habits.
- Social networks cookies. These are used so the users can interact with the content from different social networks, and these are used by these platforms to do behavioral advertising, analysis, tracking and market research.
3.- Which cookies do we use on our web?
The cookies used in our web are the following ones:
|_gid||gesab.com||Third-party||24 hours||It’s used to distinguish users.|
|_cfduid||gesab.com||Third-party||1 year||It’s used by the content network, Clodflare, to identify reliable web traffic.|
|_ga||gesab.com||Third-party||2 years||It’s used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||gesab.com||Third-party||Session||It’s used by Google Analytics to control request rate.|
4.- Setting and deactivation of cookies use in your browser.
Most browsers indicate how to configure your browser to not accept cookies, to notify you each time you receive a new cookie, as well as to deactivate them completely. To control how you want your information to be used, you can configure your terminal browser in the most convenient way for you.
In any case, we would like to point out that if you deactivate the technical and/or operational cookies, the quality page may decrease or it may take more to identify you.
You can find more information about the different browsers in the following links:
- Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Safari http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- Microsoft Edge https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/4027947/microsoft-edge-delete-cookies
- Opera http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html